Asociacion Armonía is the BirdLife PartnerFounded in: 1992
Address: Avenidad Lomas de Arena 400, Casilla 3566, Santa Cruz, Bolivia
Mission of the organisation
Asociacion Armonia is a not for profit Bolivian organisation dedicated to the conservation of birds and their natural habitats whose principal objective is to prevent the extinction of any bird species in Bolivian territory. The conservation actions carried out by the association are prioritised based on scientific studies and carried out in collaboration with local communities, respecting their culture and wisdom. Asociacion Armonia is a BirdLife International partner, a worldwide network of organisations dedicated to the conservation of birds.
Armonias key activities are based on the development and implementation of appropriate conservation tools such as the sensitisation and support of communities in order to improve their quality of life whilst supporting the appropriate use of avifaunístico resources. Amongst these tools those most used by Armonia are: community based ecotourism, environmental sensitisation, apiculture, agriculture, the establishment of private reserves.
- Armonía Distributional Bird Database: Update and Conversion
- BirdLife International Preventing Extinction Program.
- Important Bird Areas (IBAs)
- Parrot Park Foundation Blue-throated Macaw Ara glaucogularis Conservation Program
- Ash-breasted Tit-Tyrant Anairetes alpinus and Royal Cinclodes Cinclodes aricomae Conservation Program
- Prevention of Bird Trafficking in Peru and Bolivia project
- Yungas Bird Guide project
- Sand dunes bird hide project
- Tucuman Amazon Amazona tucumana project
- Bolivian Southern Horned-Curassow Pauxi unicornis unicornis Conservation Program
- Bolivian Swallow-tailed Cotinga Phibalura boliviana Conservation Project
- Cochabamba Mountain-Finch Poospiza garleppi conservation and habitat assessment
- Conservation assessment of the Bolivian Spinetail Cranioleuca henricae
- Peruvian Southern Horned-Curassow Pauxi unicornis keoepckea Conservation project
- Red-fronted Macaw Ara rubrogenys Conservation Program
- Titicaca Flightless Grebe Rollandia microptera conservation project
- Wattled Curassow Crax globulosa Conservation Program
- Funding for the extension of the Red-fronted Macaw Ara rubrogenys Birdhide, co-administrated by Armonia and the Perereta, Amaya and San Carlos communities. The income earned from tourists visiting the cabin is managed by Armonia and the communities.
- Thanks to support from Thomas Henry Wilson Sr. and Jr, American Bird Conservancy, World Land Trust and others, Armonia have purchased land to create two private reserves which will play an important role in the conservation of the Red Fronted Macaw Ara rubrogenys and the Blue-throated Macaw Ara glaucogularis.