Report your sightings

An important aspect of our work is monitoring the global distribution of Sociable Lapwings. While we are monitoring them on their breeding grounds, migratory routes and wintering grounds, extralimital records of Sociable Lapwings are not uncommon. If you have seen a Sociable Lapwing anywhere in the world we would likeĀ to add your sightings to our distribution database.

To submit your records please complete this form.

No related posts.

7 Responses

1. Gavin Farnell 02. Nov, 2010 at 8:37 am #

A Group of 7 sited 20-11-09, remained in Qatar for at least 3 weeks accompanied by a group of Northern lapwings.

Happy to supply photos available if required

2. charlie 22. Nov, 2010 at 9:10 pm #

Hi Gavin
    I’m really sorry but your mail went into our spam folders. We’re very interested in the information and would welcome photos. I will contact you asap off the site.
    Many thanks
    Charlie Moores, Content Editor

3. Felix 29. Nov, 2010 at 9:30 am #

Hi,

I saw a young Sociable Lapwing on Nov. 11th 2010 near Oldenburg in Germany.
    But it this the form I am supposed to complete? Can’t find any other.

Cheers,

Felix

4. Rob 29. Nov, 2010 at 9:32 am #

Hi Felix

Thanks for getting in touch. We are aways happy to hear of sightings.

You can report a sighting here http://www.birdlife.org/sociable-lapwing/report-your-sightings/

If you have any images or video of the sighting, we would be happy to publish them on the site.

Rob

5. Manjeet & Yograj Jadeja 03. Dec, 2010 at 8:07 am #

Saw a single sociable lapwing in Bajana village in Surendranagar, Gujarat, India.
    preening and feeding with a few Indian coursers.

6. dragan simic 06. Jan, 2011 at 7:04 pm #

In early December in Dasada, Gujarat, India, I was lead by Sam, a local guide (working for Rann Riders lodge) to a wheat field with 28 wintering sociable lapwings.

I am reporting this cos I see that Dasada is not marked at your map. Sam told me that the birds are present there from mid November to mid February

And yes, I do have photos of birds in the field

All the best

Dragan Simic
    Belgrade, Serbia

7. Steve Miller 03. Feb, 2011 at 1:49 pm #

Hi Charlie

Saw 8 Sociable Lapwings on 15/3/10 to the east of the village of Kusuykuduk in Uzbekistan resting on steppe in the early morning. Google earth shows the position of the village as 40 44 18.14 N 65 08 14.15 E, sorry I dont have the exact position of the birds but they were a couple of kilometres east of here.

Steve Miller