BirdLife Caribbean Partnership
Program activities are currently underway with BirdLife and Programme Partners in Cuba, Dominican Republic, the Bahamas, Jamaica, Puerto Rico and the UK Overseas Territories of Anguilla, Bermuda, Cayman Islands and Montserrat.
BirdLife is also working closely with the Society for the Conservation and Study of Caribbean Birds (SCSCB) to help deliver bird conservation goals throughout the region.
The SCSCB aims to:
- Promote the scientific study and conservation of Caribbean birds and their habitats
- Provide a link among ornithologists and those elsewhere
- Provide a written forum for researchers in the region through the publication of the Journal of Caribbean Ornithology
- Provide data and technical assistance to governments and conservation groups in the Caribbean
It does this through various activities including:
- West Indian Whistling-duck and Wetlands Conservation Project
- Caribbean Endemic Bird Festival
- Thematic Working Groups for Parrots, Seabirds, Invasive Species, Bird Art etc.
- Publication of Journal of Caribbean Ornithology
- Biennial conference
- Training sessions and thematic workshops
Next Page » Caribbean newsletter