Young Conservation Leaders Awards
For over 30 years, BirdLife has supported early-career conservation professionals to become tomorrow’s conservation leaders. We are now seeking applications for the 2018 BirdLife Young Conservation Leaders (YCL) Awards, which will support early-career conservationists within the BirdLife Network to become the conservation leaders of the future.
The BirdLife Young Conservation Leaders Awards aim to build the skills and capacity of the next generation of conservation leaders.
Awards in 2018 will be granted to teams of early-career conservationists to support conservation projects at Important Bird and Biodiversity Areas. Teams will receive £10,000 of grant funding, the opportunity to attend a management and leadership training course, and mentoring and career development support throughout their projects and beyond. In 2018, awards will be granted in Asia and the Pacific.
Projects should improve local knowledge, skills and attitudes concerning conservation and reduce threats to biodiversity. Results from the project should inform national action plans and international conservation priorities.
Teams should consist of at least three early-career conservationists (with less than 5 years’ paid experience) that demonstrate strong links to the BirdLife Partnership in their countries. Teams should be nationals of the country where the project is to be implemented.
Applicants are strongly encouraged to make contact with the National BirdLife Partner in their country before developing their proposal. A list of organisations can be found here for Asia and the Pacific. Projects should demonstrate strong links to the BirdLife Partnership at national or local levels.
Find here the Application form.
How to apply for the 2018 Young Conservation Leaders Awards
- Download the Application Form and Application Guidance using the links below.
- Thoroughly read the Application Guidance prior to filling out the application form. Pay special attention to the eligibility criteria for projects and project teams.
- Applicants must meet each of the criteria outlined in the eligibility criteria.
- The application form must be completed fully by the team leader and must be in English.
- Applications must be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday 30th November 2017.
- If you have any questions, check out our FAQs. If you cannot find the answer you are looking for, get in touch with Billy Fairburn at BirdLife International.