Syria - Syrian Society for Conservation of Wildlife (SSCW)
SSCW is a pioneering organization that works for a sustainable wildlife within a frame of solid relations and partnership to the development of the society. SSCW operates within the Syrian Arab Republic and in cooperation with the national authorities to ensure the protection of all biodiversity components including animals, and plants, for terrestrial, marine and fresh water organisms. It aims at the rehabilitation of all endangered species regardless of the level of threat. SSCW works to protect the wildlife, its natural ecosystem, habitats and environment in balanced and sustainable manner through gaining internal regional and international support to respond to the needs of all humanity and to link that to local development programs within a constructive and participatory approach.
The Strategic Goals
- Promoting SSCW as a pioneering body in the field of wildlife conservation.
- Building an effective network of members and volunteers in Syria.
- Participating in the national programs to run protected areas including private initiatives.
- Contributing to the management of biodiversity components and ecosystems.
- Taking a leading national role in organizing all types of hunting and fishing in Syria.
- Promoting ecotourism as a tool to support wildlife conservation efforts and to back up local communities.
- Participating in building capacities on the national level for the sustainability and conservation of biodiversity.
- Working to enhance environment awareness for the public in Syria.
- Completing the institutional capabilities of SSCW as a strong and effective Syrian NGO.
- Securing the needed funds to achieve the goals of the organization. Networking at all national, regional and international levels to realize all the aspirations of the organization