Bahrain - Bahrain Natural History Society (BNHS)
- Completed translation of Birds of the Middle East into Arabic
- Hawar islands, a major bird breeding site also classified as a Ramsar site, was designated as a protected area
- Bird watching activities are taking place within the Bahrain Natural History Society
- Developed the Arabic list of Bird Names which has been adopted by BirdLife Middle East
- Started a ringing programme for the Grey Hypocolius
This page represents NGOs/civil society organisations and not nations or states.