One of the most important coastal wetlands in the Americas is under threat. The Upper Bay of Panama, an Important Bird Area, is a vital stopover site for migrating shorebirds. Up to two million individuals of 30 species use it on their way south after breeding. Continue reading »
- Mangrove Alliance
BirdLife International Americas
Quito - Ecuador
Phone: + 593_ 2 24_64 _768
Contact: Laura Perdomo | Coordinator
- Manglares de la laguna de Oviedo
- Laguna de Oviedo’s community mangroves
- IBAs in Danger – urgent action needed!
- New BirdLife video captures local perspectives
- Caribbean Partners get their “mangroove” on for World Wetlands Day
- Protected status for Panama Bay reinstated by court ruling
- New website gives conservationists tools to tackle climate change
- Spare a thought for water on World Wetlands Day!
- Government and local community work together to restore life to the mangroves of Puerto Rico
- Mangrove Alliance website launched as resource for preservation