This is a 6 months paid position – starting day: 11 March
Description of tasks to be undertaken by the trainee(s)
The selected Trainee will work in the communications team, giving support to work on a range of issues, including: media relations, newsletter content, contact data base management, online video production, picture editing and database.
The intern’s responsibilities will include:
- manage press contacts and relations
- write newsletter content
- manage and develop social media content and profiles
- update website
- develop video and photo material
Profile of Trainee
Qualification: Educational Qualifications/Vocational Training
- At least relevant Bachelor’s Degree in communications, social sciences, journalism or related disciplines.
- Knowledge of environmental NGOs and EU institutions.
- Very good written English.
- Ability to transform complicated policy text into easy reading material suitable for the web.
- High levels of flexibility, dedication and sense of responsibility.
- Well organised and with attention to detail.
Personal and Social Skills
Good team work skills, ability to work independently and take initiative. Well-developed social skills. Ability to work in an International environment.
The intern should be able to communicate and write in English. Additional language skills are a plus.
Information Technology (IT) Skills
Basic office skills, knowledge of online content management tools, text editing skills.
Applications to be sent by 18 February 2013 to Caroline Jacobsson Head of Communications and Marketing: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only applications with a max 1 A4 page CV and a 1 page personal letter will be considered.
Include in the email subject field: Intern Comms