Regional Programme Development Manager (Africa)
BirdLife International is a world-wide network of non-governmental conservation organisations represented in 115 countries/territories, and with a combined public membership of over 2.5 million people. The BirdLife mission is to conserve birds, their habitats and global biodiversity, working with people towards sustainability in the use of natural resources. The Partnership is coordinated by the BirdLife International Secretariat which has its global headquarters in Cambridge (UK) and six regional offices, including the Africa Partnership Secretariat in Nairobi (Kenya).
The Africa Partnership Secretariat in Nairobi is looking for a Regional Programme Development Manager. This position is on a full-time basis, to commence in January 2013.
The Regional Programme Development Manager will be responsible for the development and implementation of fundraising activities to secure resources for implementation of the BirdLife Africa programme (by the Secretariat and the Partnership).
This position will be based in Nairobi. The ideal candidate will have:
- A university degree or equivalent experience
- A proven track record of relevant work experience in fundraising, including planning, proposal writing, Logical Frameworks, budgeting, negotiating, reporting, and maintaining donor relations (networking)
- Strong communication skills
- Experience in corporate fundraising, individual fundraising and events organizing will be a key asset
- An interest in conservation issues, preferably with African experience
- A willingness and ability to travel when required
A full job description can be found here. Salary in the range of £20,000 – £25,000 (plus generous pension contribution).
Interested candidates should submit their applications to to firstname.lastname@example.org by end 16 December 2012. Interviews will be conducted on 10th January 2013.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.