Chief Development Officer
- Open ended contract
- Full time (35 hours per week)
- Salary starting from £50,000 (plus generous pension contribution).
We are seeking a dynamic and innovative individual to develop this new senior position at BirdLife International.
BirdLife International is a global Partnership of 117 national conservation organisations and the world leader in bird conservation. BirdLife’s unique local to global approach enables it to deliver high impact and long term conservation for the benefit of nature and people. This is an exciting time for BirdLife International as we redevelop our brand, implement a new strategy and review our financing and business model.
As Chief Development Officer you will be part of a decentralised Secretariat that services the Partnership and will work closely with the Chief Executive Officer and others to develop the fundraising strategy, and provide inspirational leadership to a professional and committed team of fundraisers across the BirdLife secretariat.
The ideal candidate will have
- Professional credibility, and the ability to operate and influence at a strategic level
- Proven track record of successful high-scale fundraising from a mix of income streams, including ‘high net worth’ individuals and corporates
- Excellent leadership and staff management skills
- A passion for nature, understanding of conservation issues, and a commitment to the BirdLife mission and visio
This position is to be located in Cambridge (UK) at least initially, but we will consider applications from candidates who would wish to be based outside the UK in the longer term.
To apply, please e-mail your CV and an explanatory cover letter to email@example.com, marking your application with Chief Development Officer, and stating how you heard of this vacancy.