Conservation Manager (Asia)
Office Location: Asia Regional Office in Singapore
BirdLife International is a partnership of national grass root conservation orgainsations present in more than 110 countries and territories. Together we are the world leader in bird conservation. BirdLife’s local –to-go-global approach enables us to deliver high impact and long term conservation for the benefit of nature and people.
We are looking for someone who can develop, grow and co-ordinate the conservation portfolio of BirdLife in Asia according to the regional priority programmes identified by and in consultation with the BirdLife Asia Partnership Regional Plan. To actively engage in fund raising and negotiations with key donors and relevant governments in relation to projects, programmes and conservation agenda and to lead specifically on the Forest Of Hope Programme and support partners in development of programmes or projects.
In doing so, the job holder will:
- Manage Conservation Officers in the Asia Division and ensure projects are implemented with full engagement and leadership of the BirdLife Partners, support for and complementation of the partners priorities, strategies and build on their capacities.
- Promote and build strategic alliances to benefit the implementation and development of programmes.
- Support co-ordination policy advocacy work as needed and required for other regional conservation targets.
- Promote the projects and programmes (and the BirdLife Asia partnership) within Singapore, the region to a wider audience in Asia and outside Asia.
- Liaise with relevant government agencies or other institutions with the full knowledge and agreement of the BirdLife Asia partners/PDs/affiliates in the respective countries and territories as appropriate.
- Support partners in their negotiations and advocacy with national governments on the request of the BirdLife Partner.
- To raise resources for the conservation programme according to the annual set targets.
- Identity and manage the relationship with prospective or existing donors to conservation programme.
- To act as Account Manager for specific institutional donors as appropriate and maintain up to date and accurate information on central fundraising systems.
- To develop and ensure good quality, technical funding proposals when approaching specific institutional donors in the region.
- Assist in developing funding raising portfolio to sell the Regional Conservation Programme of BirdLife.
- Write and support the writing and presentation of good quality technical and financial reports for donors as needed.
- Support and/or co-ordinate key fundraising meetings.
- Post graduate degree level (preferably in a conservation related field) or other background in conservation/environmental science and preferably related to/or fundraising.
- Ability to explain complex, scientific programmatic issues to different audiences and also able to “sell” BirdLife International ‘s Forest of Hope outside BirdLife and raise funds and promote to possible partners.
- An understanding of and commitment to the development of biodiversity conservation and civil society with a working understanding of and respect for different cultures.
- Good experience in team and project management and good track record of successfully implemented projects especially in programme development, fundraising.
- Highly organizational and problem-solving skills with minimal supervision and work well under pressure with good basic financial literacy of understanding budgets.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to translate and produce high-quality written reports in English.
- Good computer literacy.
- Ability to travel (maybe required to travel up to 4 to 6 weeks per year)
Salary is in the range of S$78,000.00 to S$102,000.00.
To apply please email your CV and explanatory cover letter to Singapore.email@example.com marking your application with “Regional Conservation Manager”.