Communication Intern Europe
BirdLife Europe is the European Division of BirdLife International, and is one of the six BirdLife regional offices around the world. It is composed of an international team of permanent staff working on conservation, capacity building, policy, management, finance, fundraising, advocacy, science, communication, marketing and administration. Stichting BirdLife Europe supports the European and Central Asia Partnership of BirdLife International, which consists of 45 independent, grassroots Civil Society Organisations, governed by a democratic programme.
BirdLife Europe is looking for a Communication intern for 6 months paid internship between the period of September 2012 and March 2013. This placement will be based at the BirdLife Europe office in Brussels, Belgium.
- Support the communication team in its work
- Participate in the planning and organisation of communication activities - Copy, edit, format and distribute communications material
- Maintain and update the BirdLife website with focus on search engine optimization- Develop and maintain BirdLife Europe’s media network as well as its social media profile .
- Adapt BirdLife policy texts for publications and media releases
- The applicant should at least have a Bachelor’s Degree in communication, political or social sciences
- The applicant should have very good oral and written communication skills in English
- The internship contract will be under the Belgian ‘Convention d’immersion professionelle’. Please note that this type of internship cannot be given to students with an internship as obligatory requirement in their study program.
How to apply:
Please submit a full CV and a cover letter (both in English) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 10 September 2012 at midnight.
Successful candidates will be asked to attend face to face interviews. Please note that due to the large number of expected applications, only successful candidates will be contacted.
Read more here