Conservation Leadership Programme Intern
- Location: Cambridge (UK)
- 6 month Fixed Term Appointment initially (may be potential to extend by a further 2 months if funding can be secured)
- Full time (35 hours per week)
- Salary of £18,000 pro rata
BirdLife International is a global partnership of national conservation organisations present in 120 countries and territories. BirdLife works together as a partnership to conserve wild birds, their habitats and global diversity, by working with people towards sustainability in the use of natural resources. BirdLife’s unique local-to-global approach enables us to deliver high impact and long term conservation for the benefit of nature and people.
We are looking for someone to support the development, management and communication of a global conservation capacity building programme that develops the technical and leadership skills of young conservationists.
The ideal candidate will have
- Education to a minimum degree level, preferably in a conservation/life sciences subject
- Strong commitment to, and understanding of, conservation issues
- High level of self-management and organisational skills
- Ability to work with people with diverse nationalities and cultural backgrounds
- Strong communication skills and computer literacy
To apply please e-mail your CV and an explanatory cover letter to email@example.com, marking your application with CLP Intern, and stating how you heard of this vacancy. The closing date for applications is 16 September 2012. Interviews are scheduled for week commencing 24 September.