Research Assistant - Conservation Department
Application deadline: Sunday, 24. August 2014 - 9:30
- Location: Birdlife International Secretariat, Cambridge
- Fulltime: 35 hours per week
- 9 Months Fixed Term Appointment
BirdLife International is a global Partnership of national conservation organisations present in 120 countries and territories. BirdLife works together as a Partnership to conserve wild birds, their habitats and global diversity, by working with people towards sustainability in the use of natural resources.
We are looking for a highly motivated researcher with an interest in how businesses can contribute positively to nature conservation. Specifically, this position represents an exciting opportunity to be involved in a new Cambridge Conservation Initiative (CCI) project examining how the mitigation hierarchy should be implemented.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience of, and commitment to, research in international biodiversity conservation, particularly in the field of business and biodiversity.
- Degree, or equivalent experience, in a subject related to conservation or sustainable development
- Sound knowledge of the mitigation hierarchy and business and biodiversity issues such as the risks and drivers for pursuing No Net Loss/Net Positive Impact targets
- Excellent written English and ability to communicate in writing and orally with a wide range of audiences.
- Be available to take up this post in September 2014.
A detailed job description can be found here: http://www.birdlife.org/sites/default/files/Job-Description_Research-Assistant_July-2014.docx
Closing date: 31st July 2014
Salary: £18,000 – £21,000 pro rata dependent on experience. Competitive pension benefits.
Application: Applications should include a covering letter summarising the applicant’s suitability for the position, a detailed CV and contact details of two referees known to the applicant in a professional capacity. Applications should be sent by email, stating where the advert was seen, to: email@example.com
Interviews: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interviews will be held on the 6th and 7th of August.
Back to Jobs & opportunities home