Online media Communications Intern
Application deadline: Friday, 11. April 2014 - 0:00
This is a 6 month paid position – starting day: ideally 22 April
Location: Brussels, Belgium
BirdLife Europe is seeking an Online Media Communications Intern to support the Communications department in the development of it is online media activities. The internship is a 6 month paid position, based in Brussels.
Description of tasks to be undertaken by the intern
The successful candidate will work in the communications team, providing support on a range of issues, including: social media, blog content, infographics, picture editing and video production.
The intern’s responsibilities will include:
- Writing blog content
- Managing and developing social media content and profiles
- Updating the organisation’s website
- Developing video, photo and infographic material
Profile of Intern
Qualification: Educational Qualifications/Vocational Training
- Relevant Bachelor’s Degree in communications, journalism, graphic design, marketing, or related discipline.
- Very good writing skills (English).
- Knowledge in design and webdesign..
- Knowledge of environmental NGOs and EU institutions.
- Well organised with attention to detail.
- High level of flexibility, dedication and sense of responsibility.
Personal and Social Skills
Good social and team work skills, ability to work independently and take initiative and ability to work in an international environment.
The intern should be able to communicate and write in English. Additional language skills are a plus.
Information Technology (IT) Skills
Good knowledge of social media and of design software, and video and photo editing skills.
Microsoft Office competence, knowledge of online content management tools.
Good text editing skills.
Applications to be sent by 10 April 2014 to Jessica Redaelli, Office Assistant at BirdLife Europe: email@example.com
Only applications with a maximum 1 A4 page CV and a 1 page cover letter will be considered.
Include in the email subject field: Intern Comms