Global Species Officer
Application deadline: Monday, 14. July 2014 - 23:45
• Location: Cambridge
• Full time: 35 hours per week
BirdLife International is the world’s largest nature conservation partnership. Through our unique local-to-global approach, we deliver high impact and long-term conservation for the benefit of nature and people.
We are looking for someone to join our Science Division in the Global Secretariat, contributing to evaluating the status of the world’s birds for the IUCN Red List, including helping to enhance and expand BirdLife’s tabular and spatial datasets.
The ideal candidate will have
• A broad knowledge of the world’s birds, their distribution, ecology and conservation issues
• Experience in applying the IUCN Red List categories and criteria for assessing extinction risk
• A scientific approach, analytical mind and demonstrated ability to write in a concise, scientific style
• GIS skills and experience
• Relevant international conservation experience
• At least a first degree in a biological or environmental subject
A detailed job description can be found here.
Closing date: Monday 14 July 2014
Salary: £20,000 - £24,000 pro rata dependent on experience. Competitive pension benefits.
Application: Applications should include a covering letter summarising the applicant’s suitability for the position, a detailed CV, and contact details of two referees known to the applicant in a professional capacity. Applications should be sent by email, stating where the advert was seen, to: email@example.com
Interviews: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interviews will be held on Monday 28 July 2014.