Conservation Projects Officer - Quito, Ecuador
Monday, 27. February 2017 - 23:45
Conservation Projects Officer
• Location: Quito, Ecuador
• Full time: 40 hours per week
• Salary: circa $1000-$1200 per month plus all Ecuadorian benefits
• Annual Leave: 21 days pro rata per annum in year 1, increasing by 1 day pa to 25 days
BirdLife International is the world’s largest nature conservation partnership. Through our unique local-to-global approach, we deliver high impact and long-term conservation for the benefit of nature and people.
We are looking for someone to coordinate the administration (contracting, reporting, monitoring and information management) of the BirdLife Americas conservation projects portfolio, in support of a dynamic Conservation Action and Science team.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Familiarity with international conservation issues, including relevant environmental conventions and instruments.
- Project management diploma or studies desireable (and/ or proven project management experience).
- At least two years relevant experience in conservation projects management, preferably at international level, and including community-based projects.
A detailed job description can be found here.
Closing date: 27 February 2017
Application: Applications should include a covering letter summarising the applicant’s suitability for the position, a detailed CV and contact details of two referees known to the applicant in a professional capacity. Applications should be sent by email, stating where the advert was seen, to: email@example.com
Interviews: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.