1.9: Potential Goals for IBA Identification: by 2015 or earlier
- Criteria for marine IBAs and for biome-restricted assemblages refined and agreed
- At least 95% of the world’s terrestrial and marine IBAs (at global level) identified and documented.
- Consistent standards applied across the world for internationally important IBAs
- IBA update process defined and agreed, and transparently linked to updates in species information.
- IBA information in WBDB authoritative and up-to-date.
- National IBA directories published (on paper or electronically) in appropriate national languages in all BirdLife network countries.
Next Page » Chapter 2.1: Monitoring - Basic principles