- Africa (104)
- Americas (215)
- Archive (438)
- Asia (191)
- Australia (20)
- Europe & Central Asia (62)
- Illegal killing of birds (1)
- Middle East (35)
- Pacific (67)
- Species Group (153)
- Taxonomy (1)
- Uncategorized (3)
Five most recent topics
- Razorbill (Alca torda) – uplist from Least Concern to Near Threatened?
- Red-breasted Goose (Branta ruficollis) – downlist from Endangered to Near Threatened?
- Yelkouan Shearwater (Puffinus yelkouan) – downlist from Vulnerable to Least Concern?
- Armenian Gull (Larus armenicus) – uplist from Least Concern to Near Threatened?
- Audouin’s Gull (Larus audouinii) – downlist from Near Threatened to Least Concern?
Tag Archives: Yellow-naped Amazon
Archived 2011-2012 topics: Yellow-naped Amazon (Amazona auropalliata): is it eligible for uplisting?
The species is regarded as declining, probably throughout its range, owing to habitat loss and degradation, driven primarily by the expansion of agriculture, and capture for local and international trade (Juniper and Parr 1998, Anon. 2008). Further information is requested on the severity of threats and likely rate of decline over the last 37 years and projected rate of decline over the next 37 years. Continue reading