- Africa (167)
- Americas (320)
- Archive (716)
- Asia (265)
- Australia (35)
- Europe & Central Asia (70)
- Illegal killing of birds (1)
- Middle East (47)
- Pacific (103)
- Species Group (189)
- Taxonomy (158)
- Uncategorized (6)
Five most recent topics
- Yellow-breasted Pipit (Hemimacronyx chloris): uplist from Vulnerable to Endangered?
- Okarito Brown Kiwi (Apteryx rowi): Downlist to Vulnerable?
- White-winged Cotinga (Xipholena atropurpurea): downlist from Endangered to Vulnerable?
- Atlantic Royal Flycatcher (Onychorhynchus swainsoni): downlist from Vulnerable to Near Threatened?
- The taxonomic treatment of the Little Shearwater (Puffinus assimilis)/Audubon’s Shearwater (P. lherminieri) complex is being revised, and P. bryani is being recognised as a species: request for information
- A new hope for the Blue-throated Macaw January 13, 2017The discovery of a new roosting site for Blue-throated Macaw Ara glaucogularis coupled with an innovative and successful programme geared towards promoting the use of artificial feathers in ceremonial headdresses, gives renewed hope for the survival of this charismatic parrot. The Blue-throated Macaw is one of South America’s rarest parrots, with a population estimated at […]
- Food Intentions January 12, 2017It’s the start of another year! Thomas Quinn – Agriculture Policy Officer at BirdLife Europe & Central Asia – looks back upon some of the food and farming challenges we faced in 2016 and makes his wish for a Happy New (& Sustainable) Year for Nature in 2017. Now is the time when we make […]
- The Endangered Treasure of Ulcinj – documentary January 11, 2017These man-made salt works became a bird haven, but now the threatened birds and salt workers share the same destiny. Watch the thought-provoking documentary Seventeen long seconds pass before a single word is spoken in Gregor Subic’s thought-provoking documentary ‘The Endangered Treasure of Ulcinj’. Yet these 17 seconds speak volumes: gentle, melodious birdsong is malevolently […]
- A new hope for the Blue-throated Macaw January 13, 2017
Tag Archives: Yellow-breasted Bunting
BirdLife species factsheet for Yellow-breasted Bunting Yellow-breasted Bunting Emberiza aureola breeds across the northern Palaearctic from Finland, Belarus and Ukraine in the west, through Kazakhstan, China and Mongolia, to far eastern Russia, Korea and northern Japan. In the autumn, birds stop … Continue reading