- Africa (114)
- Americas (218)
- Archive (525)
- Asia (200)
- Australia (29)
- Europe & Central Asia (67)
- Illegal killing of birds (1)
- Middle East (42)
- Pacific (70)
- Species Group (164)
- Taxonomy (2)
- Uncategorized (3)
Five most recent topics
- Global IUCN Red List for birds – 2015 changes
- The taxonomic treatment of the Little Shearwater (Puffinus assimilis)/Audubon’s Shearwater (P. lherminieri) complex is being revised, and P. bryani is being recognised as a species: request for information
- Black-bellied Sandgrouse (Pterocles orientalis) – request for information from Central Asia
- Tessmann’s Flycatcher (Muscicapa tessmanni): List as Least Concern?
- Eared Quetzal (Euptilotis neoxenus): Downlist to Least Concern?
Tag Archives: Xantus’s Murrelet
Archived 2014 discussion: Xantus’s Murrelet (Synthliboramphus hypoleucus) is being split: list S. hypoleucus as Endangered and S. scrippsi as Vulnerable?
Xantus’s Murrelet Synthliboramphus hypoleucus is being split into S. hypoleucus and S. scrippsi, following the application of criteria set out by Tobias et al. (2010), and consideration of genetic evidence (Birt et al. 2012). Continue reading