- Africa (113)
- Americas (217)
- Archive (438)
- Asia (199)
- Australia (28)
- Europe & Central Asia (66)
- Illegal killing of birds (1)
- Middle East (41)
- Pacific (69)
- Species Group (163)
- Taxonomy (1)
- Uncategorized (3)
Five most recent topics
- Red Knot (Calidris canutus): request for information
- Curlew Sandpiper (Calidris ferruginea): request for information
- Bar-tailed Godwit (Limosa lapponica): uplist to Vulnerable?
- Great Knot (Calidris tenuirostris): uplist from Vulnerable to Endangered or Critically Endangered?
- Far Eastern Curlew (Numenius madagascariensis): uplist from Vulnerable to Endangered or Critically Endangered?
Tag Archives: Xantus’s Murrelet
Archived 2014 discussion: Xantus’s Murrelet (Synthliboramphus hypoleucus) is being split: list S. hypoleucus as Endangered and S. scrippsi as Vulnerable?
Xantus’s Murrelet Synthliboramphus hypoleucus is being split into S. hypoleucus and S. scrippsi, following the application of criteria set out by Tobias et al. (2010), and consideration of genetic evidence (Birt et al. 2012). Continue reading