- Africa (83)
- Americas (177)
- Archive (179)
- Asia (160)
- Australia (14)
- Europe & Central Asia (28)
- Middle East (16)
- Pacific (51)
- Species Group (111)
- Taxonomy (1)
Five most recent topics
- Grey-tailed Tattler (Heteroscelus brevipes): uplist to Near Threatened?
- Rosy Bee-eater (Merops malimbicus): request for information
- Goldie’s Bird-of-paradise (Paradisea decora): uplist to Vulnerable?
- Wood Thrush (Hylocichla mustelina): uplist to Near Threatened?
- White-winged Flufftail (Sarothrura ayresi): uplist to Critically Endangered?
Tag Archives: White-mantled Barbet
Given this species’s tolerance of habitat degradation and disturbance and its ability to occupy mosaics of forest and agricultural land, its habitat may not be considered severely fragmented according to the IUCN definition, i.e. over 50% in patches too small to support viable populations. On this basis, it is proposed that the species be downlisted to Vulnerable under criterion C2a(i). Continue reading