- Africa (113)
- Americas (217)
- Archive (438)
- Asia (199)
- Australia (28)
- Europe & Central Asia (66)
- Illegal killing of birds (1)
- Middle East (41)
- Pacific (69)
- Species Group (163)
- Taxonomy (1)
- Uncategorized (3)
Five most recent topics
- Red Knot (Calidris canutus): request for information
- Curlew Sandpiper (Calidris ferruginea): request for information
- Bar-tailed Godwit (Limosa lapponica): uplist to Vulnerable?
- Great Knot (Calidris tenuirostris): uplist from Vulnerable to Endangered or Critically Endangered?
- Far Eastern Curlew (Numenius madagascariensis): uplist from Vulnerable to Endangered or Critically Endangered?
Tag Archives: White-mantled Barbet
Given this species’s tolerance of habitat degradation and disturbance and its ability to occupy mosaics of forest and agricultural land, its habitat may not be considered severely fragmented according to the IUCN definition, i.e. over 50% in patches too small to support viable populations. On this basis, it is proposed that the species be downlisted to Vulnerable under criterion C2a(i). Continue reading