- Africa (114)
- Americas (218)
- Archive (525)
- Asia (200)
- Australia (29)
- Europe & Central Asia (67)
- Illegal killing of birds (1)
- Middle East (42)
- Pacific (70)
- Species Group (164)
- Taxonomy (2)
- Uncategorized (3)
Five most recent topics
- Global IUCN Red List for birds – 2015 changes
- The taxonomic treatment of the Little Shearwater (Puffinus assimilis)/Audubon’s Shearwater (P. lherminieri) complex is being revised, and P. bryani is being recognised as a species: request for information
- Black-bellied Sandgrouse (Pterocles orientalis) – request for information from Central Asia
- Tessmann’s Flycatcher (Muscicapa tessmanni): List as Least Concern?
- Eared Quetzal (Euptilotis neoxenus): Downlist to Least Concern?
Tag Archives: White-headed Steamer-duck
Archived 2011-2012 topics: White-headed Steamerduck (Tachyeres leucocephalus): uplist to Vulnerable?
A recently published study estimated the total population at 3,428-3,673 adults (Agüero et al. 2011), suggesting that the current population estimate used by BirdLife is correct, but could be refined. However, Agüero et al. (2011) also provide evidence to suggest that the population is in decline. It is suggested that the species could qualify for uplisting to Vulnerable under criterion C2a(ii). Continue reading