- Africa (113)
- Americas (217)
- Archive (438)
- Asia (199)
- Australia (28)
- Europe & Central Asia (66)
- Illegal killing of birds (1)
- Middle East (41)
- Pacific (69)
- Species Group (163)
- Taxonomy (1)
- Uncategorized (3)
Five most recent topics
- Red Knot (Calidris canutus): request for information
- Curlew Sandpiper (Calidris ferruginea): request for information
- Bar-tailed Godwit (Limosa lapponica): uplist to Vulnerable?
- Great Knot (Calidris tenuirostris): uplist from Vulnerable to Endangered or Critically Endangered?
- Far Eastern Curlew (Numenius madagascariensis): uplist from Vulnerable to Endangered or Critically Endangered?
Tag Archives: White-eared Night-heron
Extensive survey effort has recently resulted in many records from new locations, leading to a considerable extension of its known range and suggesting that the species has been under-recorded and may in fact breed over a wider area of southern China and northern Indochina (He Fen-qi et al. 2007a,b, Pilgrim et al. 2009). Further information on this species is requested, with particular emphasis on population estimates and sub-population structure, and comments are also invited on the suspicion of a rapid population decline. Continue reading