- Africa (167)
- Americas (320)
- Archive (716)
- Asia (265)
- Australia (35)
- Europe & Central Asia (70)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (47)
- Pacific (103)
- Species Group (189)
- Taxonomy (158)
- Uncategorized (6)
Five most recent topics
- Review of illegal killing of birds in Europe, the Arabian Peninsula, Iraq and Iran
- Yellow-breasted Pipit (Hemimacronyx chloris): uplist from Vulnerable to Endangered?
- Okarito Brown Kiwi (Apteryx rowi): Downlist to Vulnerable?
- White-winged Cotinga (Xipholena atropurpurea): downlist from Endangered to Vulnerable?
- Atlantic Royal Flycatcher (Onychorhynchus swainsoni): downlist from Vulnerable to Near Threatened?
- Major oil spill in Turkey; emergency teams deployed [PHOTOS] January 19, 2017A major oil spill is affecting coastal areas in western Turkey. Doğa Derneği (Birdlife Turkey) has deployed an emergency team of volunteers to help oiled wildlife. In the clear waters of Izmit Bay in western Turkey, a major oil spill is putting human health and marine biodiversity at risk. The spill occurred last Friday near […]
- Lesser Kestrel shot for preservation January 19, 2017Armed with telescopic lenses, 24 West Bank photographers took to the Jerusalem wilderness for a two day photoshoot, zooming in on Palestine’s Lesser Kestrel Falco naumanni. Sponsored by the Middle Eastern HIMA Fund, these passionate paparazzi snapped over a thousand pictures, framing the small falcon for future generations to admire. This photogenic initiative was part […]
- Improved collaboration to conserve forests, biodiversity in West Africa January 19, 2017More than 40 participants representing 34 donor organizations, private sector companies, executing agencies and civil society organisations have agreed to work together and develop the capacities of Civil Society Organisations (CSOs) involved in biodiversity conservation and environmental management within the Guinean Forests of West Africa Biodiversity Hotspot.
- Major oil spill in Turkey; emergency teams deployed [PHOTOS] January 19, 2017
Tag Archives: White-backed Vulture
Archived 2011-2012 topics: White-backed Vulture (Gyps africanus) and Rueppell’s Vulture (Gyps rueppelli): request for information
Assessing overall population trends in such widespread and mobile species is inherently problematic, and such species may also be prone to natural fluctuations in abundance. However, it remains necessary to evaluate whether the current listing of Near Threatened for G. africanus and G. rueppelli is likely to be correct. Continue reading