- Africa (113)
- Americas (217)
- Archive (438)
- Asia (198)
- Australia (28)
- Europe & Central Asia (66)
- Illegal killing of birds (1)
- Middle East (41)
- Pacific (69)
- Species Group (163)
- Taxonomy (1)
- Uncategorized (3)
Five most recent topics
- Red Knot (Calidris canutus): request for information
- Curlew Sandpiper (Calidris ferruginea): request for information
- Bar-tailed Godwit (Limosa lapponica): uplist to Vulnerable?
- Great Knot (Calidris tenuirostris): uplist from Vulnerable to Endangered or Critically Endangered?
- Far Eastern Curlew (Numenius madagascariensis): uplist from Vulnerable to Endangered or Critically Endangered?
Tag Archives: Watkins’s Antpitta
Remapping of the species’s range with reference to a map of suitable habitat produced through BIOCLIM modelling (Freile et al. 2010) has resulted in a new EOO estimate of 16,600 km2, suggesting that the species meets the range size threshold for Vulnerable under criterion B1. However, the species is known from more than 10 locations and its habitat is not considered severely fragmented (over 50% in patches too small to support viable populations). Comments are invited on the proposal to uplist this species to Near Threatened, and further information is requested. Continue reading