- Africa (113)
- Americas (217)
- Archive (438)
- Asia (199)
- Australia (28)
- Europe & Central Asia (66)
- Illegal killing of birds (1)
- Middle East (41)
- Pacific (69)
- Species Group (163)
- Taxonomy (1)
- Uncategorized (3)
Five most recent topics
- Red Knot (Calidris canutus): request for information
- Curlew Sandpiper (Calidris ferruginea): request for information
- Bar-tailed Godwit (Limosa lapponica): uplist to Vulnerable?
- Great Knot (Calidris tenuirostris): uplist from Vulnerable to Endangered or Critically Endangered?
- Far Eastern Curlew (Numenius madagascariensis): uplist from Vulnerable to Endangered or Critically Endangered?
Tag Archives: Vietnam Greenfinch
The area of suitable habitat for this species is actually thought to be increasing as a result of deforestation, as this leads to increases in the area of scrub and Khasi pine forest, the growth of which is stimulated by fire (BirdLife International 2001, del Hoyo et al. 2010). It is therefore proposed that the species be downlisted to Least Concern as it no longer appears to approach the thresholds for Vulnerable under any of the IUCN criteria. Comments on this proposed change are invited and further information on this species is requested. Continue reading