- Africa (113)
- Americas (217)
- Archive (438)
- Asia (199)
- Australia (28)
- Europe & Central Asia (66)
- Illegal killing of birds (1)
- Middle East (41)
- Pacific (69)
- Species Group (163)
- Taxonomy (1)
- Uncategorized (3)
Five most recent topics
- Red Knot (Calidris canutus): request for information
- Curlew Sandpiper (Calidris ferruginea): request for information
- Bar-tailed Godwit (Limosa lapponica): uplist to Vulnerable?
- Great Knot (Calidris tenuirostris): uplist from Vulnerable to Endangered or Critically Endangered?
- Far Eastern Curlew (Numenius madagascariensis): uplist from Vulnerable to Endangered or Critically Endangered?
Tag Archives: Venezuelan Wood-quail
Venezuelan Wood-quail Odontophorus columbianus is listed as Near Threatened under criterion B1a+b(i,ii,iii,iv) because, although it has an Extent of Occurrence estimated at 9,400 km2, within which it is suspected to be declining owing to habitat loss and hunting pressure, the population is not considered to be severely fragmented or restricted to a few locations. Up-to-date information is requested on this species’s population, the likely rate of decline over 12 years (estimate of three generations) and the severity of threats.