- Africa (89)
- Americas (210)
- Archive (439)
- Asia (175)
- Australia (20)
- Europe & Central Asia (32)
- Middle East (21)
- Pacific (66)
- Species Group (137)
- Taxonomy (1)
- Uncategorized (3)
Five most recent topics
- Cory’s Shearwater (Calonectris diomedea) is being split: request for information on C. diomedea and C. borealis
- The taxonomic treatment of the Little Shearwater (Puffinus assimilis)/Audubon’s Shearwater (P. lherminieri) complex is being revised, and P. bryani is being recognised as a species: request for information
- Aleutian Tern (Sterna aleutica): uplist to Vulnerable or Endangered?
- Ogea Monarch (Mayrornis versicolor): downlist to Near Threatened or Least Concern?
- West Indian Whistling-duck (Dendrocygna arborea): request for information
Tag Archives: Venezuelan Wood-quail
Venezuelan Wood-quail Odontophorus columbianus is listed as Near Threatened under criterion B1a+b(i,ii,iii,iv) because, although it has an Extent of Occurrence estimated at 9,400 km2, within which it is suspected to be declining owing to habitat loss and hunting pressure, the population is not considered to be severely fragmented or restricted to a few locations. Up-to-date information is requested on this species’s population, the likely rate of decline over 12 years (estimate of three generations) and the severity of threats.