- Africa (89)
- Americas (210)
- Archive (438)
- Asia (175)
- Australia (20)
- Europe & Central Asia (32)
- Illegal killing of birds (1)
- Middle East (21)
- Pacific (66)
- Species Group (137)
- Taxonomy (1)
- Uncategorized (3)
Five most recent topics
- Review of illegal killing and taking of birds in the Mediterranean
- Cory’s Shearwater (Calonectris diomedea) is being split: request for information on C. diomedea and C. borealis
- The taxonomic treatment of the Little Shearwater (Puffinus assimilis)/Audubon’s Shearwater (P. lherminieri) complex is being revised, and P. bryani is being recognised as a species: request for information
- Aleutian Tern (Onychoprion aleuticus, formerly Sterna aleutica): uplist to Vulnerable or Endangered?
- Ogea Monarch (Mayrornis versicolor): downlist to Near Threatened or Least Concern?
Tag Archives: Variable Kingfisher
Archived 2014 discussion: Variable Kingfisher (Ceyx lepidus) is being split: list C. dispar as Vulnerable and five other newly defined species as Near Threatened?
Variable Kingfisher Ceyx lepidus is being split into C. lepidus, C. cajeli, C. dispar, C. magarethae, C. mulcatus, C. meeki, C. collectoris, C. nigromaxilla, C. gentianus, C. solitarius and C. sacerdotis, following the application of criteria set out by Tobias et al. (2010). Continue reading