- Africa (114)
- Americas (218)
- Archive (525)
- Asia (200)
- Australia (29)
- Europe & Central Asia (67)
- Illegal killing of birds (1)
- Middle East (42)
- Pacific (70)
- Species Group (164)
- Taxonomy (2)
- Uncategorized (3)
Five most recent topics
- Global IUCN Red List for birds – 2015 changes
- The taxonomic treatment of the Little Shearwater (Puffinus assimilis)/Audubon’s Shearwater (P. lherminieri) complex is being revised, and P. bryani is being recognised as a species: request for information
- Black-bellied Sandgrouse (Pterocles orientalis) – request for information from Central Asia
- Tessmann’s Flycatcher (Muscicapa tessmanni): List as Least Concern?
- Eared Quetzal (Euptilotis neoxenus): Downlist to Least Concern?
Tag Archives: Variable Kingfisher
Archived 2014 discussion: Variable Kingfisher (Ceyx lepidus) is being split: list C. dispar as Vulnerable and five other newly defined species as Near Threatened?
Variable Kingfisher Ceyx lepidus is being split into C. lepidus, C. cajeli, C. dispar, C. magarethae, C. mulcatus, C. meeki, C. collectoris, C. nigromaxilla, C. gentianus, C. solitarius and C. sacerdotis, following the application of criteria set out by Tobias et al. (2010). Continue reading