- Africa (89)
- Americas (210)
- Archive (438)
- Asia (175)
- Australia (20)
- Europe & Central Asia (32)
- Illegal killing of birds (1)
- Middle East (21)
- Pacific (66)
- Species Group (137)
- Taxonomy (1)
- Uncategorized (3)
Five most recent topics
- Review of illegal killing and taking of birds in the Mediterranean
- Cory’s Shearwater (Calonectris diomedea) is being split: request for information on C. diomedea and C. borealis
- The taxonomic treatment of the Little Shearwater (Puffinus assimilis)/Audubon’s Shearwater (P. lherminieri) complex is being revised, and P. bryani is being recognised as a species: request for information
- Aleutian Tern (Onychoprion aleuticus, formerly Sterna aleutica): uplist to Vulnerable or Endangered?
- Ogea Monarch (Mayrornis versicolor): downlist to Near Threatened or Least Concern?
Tag Archives: Vanikoro Monarch
Archived 2012-2013 topics: Vanikoro Monarch (Mayrornis schistaceus): uplist to Vulnerable or Endangered?
BirdLife species factsheet for Vanikoro Monarch Vanikoro Monarch Mayrornis schistaceus occurs on the island of Vanikoro (170 km2) and its small satellite island of Buma in the Solomon Islands. It is currently listed as Near Threatened, approaching criteria B1ab(iii); C1+2a(ii); D2 because … Continue reading