- Africa (104)
- Americas (215)
- Archive (438)
- Asia (191)
- Australia (20)
- Europe & Central Asia (62)
- Illegal killing of birds (1)
- Middle East (35)
- Pacific (67)
- Species Group (153)
- Taxonomy (1)
- Uncategorized (3)
Five most recent topics
- Razorbill (Alca torda) – uplist from Least Concern to Near Threatened?
- Red-breasted Goose (Branta ruficollis) – downlist from Endangered to Near Threatened?
- Yelkouan Shearwater (Puffinus yelkouan) – downlist from Vulnerable to Least Concern?
- Armenian Gull (Larus armenicus) – uplist from Least Concern to Near Threatened?
- Audouin’s Gull (Larus audouinii) – downlist from Near Threatened to Least Concern?
Tag Archives: Usambara Eagle-owl
Archived 2014 discussion: Fraser’s Eagle-owl (Bubo poensis) and Usambara Eagle-owl (B. vosseleri) are being lumped as B. poensis: list the newly defined species as Least Concern?
Fraser’s Eagle-owl Bubo poensis and Usambara Eagle-owl B. vosseleri are being lumped as B. poensis, following the application of criteria set out by Tobias et al. (2010). Continue reading