- Africa (114)
- Americas (218)
- Archive (525)
- Asia (200)
- Australia (29)
- Europe & Central Asia (67)
- Illegal killing of birds (1)
- Middle East (42)
- Pacific (70)
- Species Group (164)
- Taxonomy (2)
- Uncategorized (3)
Five most recent topics
- Global IUCN Red List for birds – 2015 changes
- The taxonomic treatment of the Little Shearwater (Puffinus assimilis)/Audubon’s Shearwater (P. lherminieri) complex is being revised, and P. bryani is being recognised as a species: request for information
- Black-bellied Sandgrouse (Pterocles orientalis) – request for information from Central Asia
- Tessmann’s Flycatcher (Muscicapa tessmanni): List as Least Concern?
- Eared Quetzal (Euptilotis neoxenus): Downlist to Least Concern?
Tag Archives: Ua Pou Monarch
Archived 2011-2012 topics: Ua Pou Monarch (Pomarea mira): reassess as Critically Endangered (Possibly Extinct)?
Hopes that the species is extant have been raised by an unconfirmed but convincing report of an adult male observed on Ua Pou in 2010, and as a result surveys are planned for 2012 (P. Raust in litt. 2011). In light of this information it is proposed that the species be reassessed as Critically Endangered (Possibly Extinct), on the basis of an increased likelihood that some individuals survive. Continue reading