- Africa (83)
- Americas (177)
- Archive (179)
- Asia (160)
- Australia (14)
- Europe & Central Asia (28)
- Middle East (16)
- Pacific (51)
- Species Group (111)
- Taxonomy (1)
Five most recent topics
- Grey-tailed Tattler (Heteroscelus brevipes): uplist to Near Threatened?
- Rosy Bee-eater (Merops malimbicus): request for information
- Goldie’s Bird-of-paradise (Paradisea decora): uplist to Vulnerable?
- Wood Thrush (Hylocichla mustelina): uplist to Near Threatened?
- White-winged Flufftail (Sarothrura ayresi): uplist to Critically Endangered?
Tag Archives: Thick-billed Parrot
Archived 2011-2012 topics: Thick-billed Parrot (Rhynchopsitta pachyrhyncha): request for information
Thick-billed Parrot R. pachyrhyncha is listed as Endangered under criterion C2a(ii) on the basis that its population numbers fewer than 2,500 mature individuals and is suspected to be declining due to the clearance and degradation of its habitat. Recently, concerns have been expressed to us that this population estimate may be incorrect by an order of magnitude, as there are apparently fewer than 100 active nests each year (J. Gilardi in litt. 2010). Continue reading