- Africa (113)
- Americas (217)
- Archive (438)
- Asia (199)
- Australia (28)
- Europe & Central Asia (66)
- Illegal killing of birds (1)
- Middle East (41)
- Pacific (69)
- Species Group (163)
- Taxonomy (1)
- Uncategorized (3)
Five most recent topics
- Red Knot (Calidris canutus): request for information
- Curlew Sandpiper (Calidris ferruginea): request for information
- Bar-tailed Godwit (Limosa lapponica): uplist to Vulnerable?
- Great Knot (Calidris tenuirostris): uplist from Vulnerable to Endangered or Critically Endangered?
- Far Eastern Curlew (Numenius madagascariensis): uplist from Vulnerable to Endangered or Critically Endangered?
Tag Archives: Thick-billed Parrot
Archived 2011-2012 topics: Thick-billed Parrot (Rhynchopsitta pachyrhyncha): request for information
Thick-billed Parrot R. pachyrhyncha is listed as Endangered under criterion C2a(ii) on the basis that its population numbers fewer than 2,500 mature individuals and is suspected to be declining due to the clearance and degradation of its habitat. Recently, concerns have been expressed to us that this population estimate may be incorrect by an order of magnitude, as there are apparently fewer than 100 active nests each year (J. Gilardi in litt. 2010). Continue reading