- Africa (89)
- Americas (210)
- Archive (439)
- Asia (175)
- Australia (20)
- Europe & Central Asia (32)
- Middle East (21)
- Pacific (66)
- Species Group (137)
- Taxonomy (1)
- Uncategorized (3)
Five most recent topics
- Cory’s Shearwater (Calonectris diomedea) is being split: request for information on C. diomedea and C. borealis
- The taxonomic treatment of the Little Shearwater (Puffinus assimilis)/Audubon’s Shearwater (P. lherminieri) complex is being revised, and P. bryani is being recognised as a species: request for information
- Aleutian Tern (Sterna aleutica): uplist to Vulnerable or Endangered?
- Ogea Monarch (Mayrornis versicolor): downlist to Near Threatened or Least Concern?
- West Indian Whistling-duck (Dendrocygna arborea): request for information
Tag Archives: Tahiti Kingfisher
Archived 2014 discussion: Tahiti Kingfisher (Todiramphus veneratus) is being split: list T. youngi as Near Threatened and T. veneratus as Least Concern?
The initial deadline for comments on this topic is 28 April 2014, and therefore later than for most other topics currently under discussion. This is part of a consultation on the Red List implications of extensive changes to BirdLife’s taxonomy … Continue reading
Archived 2014 discussion: Tahiti Kingfisher (Todiramphus veneratus) is being split: list T. youngi as Endangered?
Tahiti Kingfisher Todiramphus veneratus is being split into T. veneratus and T. youngi, following the application of criteria set out by Tobias et al. (2010). Continue reading