- Africa (89)
- Americas (210)
- Archive (438)
- Asia (175)
- Australia (20)
- Europe & Central Asia (32)
- Illegal killing of birds (1)
- Middle East (21)
- Pacific (66)
- Species Group (137)
- Taxonomy (1)
- Uncategorized (3)
Five most recent topics
- Review of illegal killing and taking of birds in the Mediterranean
- Cory’s Shearwater (Calonectris diomedea) is being split: request for information on C. diomedea and C. borealis
- The taxonomic treatment of the Little Shearwater (Puffinus assimilis)/Audubon’s Shearwater (P. lherminieri) complex is being revised, and P. bryani is being recognised as a species: request for information
- Aleutian Tern (Onychoprion aleuticus, formerly Sterna aleutica): uplist to Vulnerable or Endangered?
- Ogea Monarch (Mayrornis versicolor): downlist to Near Threatened or Least Concern?
Tag Archives: Sulawesi Kingfisher
Archived 2014 discussion: Sulawesi Kingfisher (Ceyx fallax) is being split: list C. sangirensis as Critically Endangered and C. fallax as Near Threatened?
Sulawesi Kingfisher Ceyx fallax is being split into C. fallax and C. sangirensis, following the application of criteria set out by Tobias et al. (2010). Continue reading