- Africa (113)
- Americas (217)
- Archive (438)
- Asia (199)
- Australia (28)
- Europe & Central Asia (66)
- Illegal killing of birds (1)
- Middle East (41)
- Pacific (69)
- Species Group (163)
- Taxonomy (1)
- Uncategorized (3)
Five most recent topics
- Red Knot (Calidris canutus): request for information
- Curlew Sandpiper (Calidris ferruginea): request for information
- Bar-tailed Godwit (Limosa lapponica): uplist to Vulnerable?
- Great Knot (Calidris tenuirostris): uplist from Vulnerable to Endangered or Critically Endangered?
- Far Eastern Curlew (Numenius madagascariensis): uplist from Vulnerable to Endangered or Critically Endangered?
Tag Archives: Sulawesi Hornbill
Archived 2011-2012 topics: Knobbed Hornbill (Aceros cassidix) and Sulawesi Hornbill (Penelopides exarhatus): uplist to Near Threatened?
Knobbed Hornbill Aceros cassidix and Sulawesi Hornbill Penelopides exarhatus are both currently listed as Least Concern. However, a recent reanalysis by Kinnaird and O’Brien (2007) has suggested that both species are declining at rates approaching 30% over ten years/ three generations based on recent and ongoing rates of habitat loss on Sulawesi. Comment and information relevant to the proposal to uplist these species would be welcome. Continue reading