- Africa (89)
- Americas (210)
- Archive (438)
- Asia (175)
- Australia (20)
- Europe & Central Asia (32)
- Illegal killing of birds (1)
- Middle East (21)
- Pacific (66)
- Species Group (137)
- Taxonomy (1)
- Uncategorized (3)
Five most recent topics
- Review of illegal killing and taking of birds in the Mediterranean
- Cory’s Shearwater (Calonectris diomedea) is being split: request for information on C. diomedea and C. borealis
- The taxonomic treatment of the Little Shearwater (Puffinus assimilis)/Audubon’s Shearwater (P. lherminieri) complex is being revised, and P. bryani is being recognised as a species: request for information
- Aleutian Tern (Onychoprion aleuticus, formerly Sterna aleutica): uplist to Vulnerable or Endangered?
- Ogea Monarch (Mayrornis versicolor): downlist to Near Threatened or Least Concern?
Tag Archives: Sulawesi Hornbill
Archived 2011-2012 topics: Knobbed Hornbill (Aceros cassidix) and Sulawesi Hornbill (Penelopides exarhatus): uplist to Near Threatened?
Knobbed Hornbill Aceros cassidix and Sulawesi Hornbill Penelopides exarhatus are both currently listed as Least Concern. However, a recent reanalysis by Kinnaird and O’Brien (2007) has suggested that both species are declining at rates approaching 30% over ten years/ three generations based on recent and ongoing rates of habitat loss on Sulawesi. Comment and information relevant to the proposal to uplist these species would be welcome. Continue reading