- Africa (89)
- Americas (210)
- Archive (255)
- Asia (174)
- Australia (20)
- Europe & Central Asia (32)
- Middle East (21)
- Pacific (66)
- Species Group (136)
- Taxonomy (1)
- Uncategorized (3)
Five most recent topics
- Suggestions for new topics
- Black Parrot (Coracopsis nigra) is being split: request for information on C. sibilans, and list C. barklyi as Vulnerable?
- Additional changes to species listed as Extinct: six [edited from five] Extinct species are being re-categorised as Not Recognised and 12 taxa [edited from 11] are being newly recognised as Extinct species
- Tahiti Kingfisher (Todiramphus veneratus) is being split: list T. youngi as Near Threatened and T. veneratus as Least Concern?
- Crescent-chested Puffbird (Malacoptila striata) is being split: list M. minor as Critically Endangered and M. striata as Near Threatened?
Tag Archives: Solomons Hawk-owl
Solomons Hawk-owl (Ninox jacquinoti) is being split: list N. malaitae and N. roseoaxillaris as Vulnerable and N. granti as Near Threatened?
Solomons Hawk-owl Ninox jacquinoti is being split into N. jacquinoti, N. malaitae, N. roseoaxillaris and N. granti, following the application of criteria set out by Tobias et al. (2010). Continue reading