- Africa (89)
- Americas (210)
- Archive (255)
- Asia (174)
- Australia (20)
- Europe & Central Asia (32)
- Middle East (21)
- Pacific (66)
- Species Group (136)
- Taxonomy (1)
- Uncategorized (3)
Five most recent topics
- Suggestions for new topics
- Black Parrot (Coracopsis nigra) is being split: request for information on C. sibilans, and list C. barklyi as Vulnerable?
- Additional changes to species listed as Extinct: six [edited from five] Extinct species are being re-categorised as Not Recognised and 12 taxa [edited from 11] are being newly recognised as Extinct species
- Tahiti Kingfisher (Todiramphus veneratus) is being split: list T. youngi as Near Threatened and T. veneratus as Least Concern?
- Crescent-chested Puffbird (Malacoptila striata) is being split: list M. minor as Critically Endangered and M. striata as Near Threatened?
Tag Archives: Solomon Islands Frogmouth
Archived 2010-2011 topics: Solomon Islands Frogmouth (Rigidipenna inexpectata): uplist to Near Threatened or Vulnerable?
Solomon Islands Frogmouth Rigidipenna inexpectata was formally recognised by BirdLife International in 2010, following Cleere et al. (2007), and immediately listed as Least Concern on the basis that it was not considered to approach the thresholds for Vulnerable under any of the criteria. To help in its assessment, further information is requested, particularly on the level of fragmentation in this species’s habitat and hence its population.