- Africa (113)
- Americas (217)
- Archive (438)
- Asia (199)
- Australia (28)
- Europe & Central Asia (66)
- Illegal killing of birds (1)
- Middle East (41)
- Pacific (69)
- Species Group (163)
- Taxonomy (1)
- Uncategorized (3)
Five most recent topics
- Red Knot (Calidris canutus): request for information
- Curlew Sandpiper (Calidris ferruginea): request for information
- Bar-tailed Godwit (Limosa lapponica): uplist to Vulnerable?
- Great Knot (Calidris tenuirostris): uplist from Vulnerable to Endangered or Critically Endangered?
- Far Eastern Curlew (Numenius madagascariensis): uplist from Vulnerable to Endangered or Critically Endangered?
Tag Archives: Solomon Islands Frogmouth
Archived 2010-2011 topics: Solomon Islands Frogmouth (Rigidipenna inexpectata): uplist to Near Threatened or Vulnerable?
Solomon Islands Frogmouth Rigidipenna inexpectata was formally recognised by BirdLife International in 2010, following Cleere et al. (2007), and immediately listed as Least Concern on the basis that it was not considered to approach the thresholds for Vulnerable under any of the criteria. To help in its assessment, further information is requested, particularly on the level of fragmentation in this species’s habitat and hence its population.