- Africa (87)
- Americas (186)
- Archive (255)
- Asia (169)
- Australia (20)
- Europe & Central Asia (32)
- Middle East (21)
- Pacific (61)
- Species Group (123)
- Taxonomy (1)
Five most recent topics
- Suggestions for new topics
- The taxonomic treatment of the Little Shearwater (Puffinus assimilis)/Audubon’s Shearwater (P. lherminieri) complex is being revised, and P. bryani is being recognised as a species: request for information
- Cory’s Shearwater (Calonectris diomedea) is being split: request for information on C. diomedea and C. borealis
- King Rail (Rallus elegans) is being split: request for information on R. elegans and R. tenuirostris.
- Sulawesi Scops-owl (Otus manadensis) is being split: list O. mendeni and O. sulaensis as Vulnerable?
Tag Archives: Solomon Islands Frogmouth
Archived 2010-2011 topics: Solomon Islands Frogmouth (Rigidipenna inexpectata): uplist to Near Threatened or Vulnerable?
Solomon Islands Frogmouth Rigidipenna inexpectata was formally recognised by BirdLife International in 2010, following Cleere et al. (2007), and immediately listed as Least Concern on the basis that it was not considered to approach the thresholds for Vulnerable under any of the criteria. To help in its assessment, further information is requested, particularly on the level of fragmentation in this species’s habitat and hence its population.