- Africa (114)
- Americas (218)
- Archive (525)
- Asia (200)
- Australia (29)
- Europe & Central Asia (67)
- Illegal killing of birds (1)
- Middle East (42)
- Pacific (70)
- Species Group (164)
- Taxonomy (2)
- Uncategorized (3)
Five most recent topics
- Global IUCN Red List for birds – 2015 changes
- The taxonomic treatment of the Little Shearwater (Puffinus assimilis)/Audubon’s Shearwater (P. lherminieri) complex is being revised, and P. bryani is being recognised as a species: request for information
- Black-bellied Sandgrouse (Pterocles orientalis) – request for information from Central Asia
- Tessmann’s Flycatcher (Muscicapa tessmanni): List as Least Concern?
- Eared Quetzal (Euptilotis neoxenus): Downlist to Least Concern?
Tag Archives: Sierra Madre Sparrow
Archived 2015 topics: Sierra Madre Sparrow (Xenospiza baileyi): is it correctly listed as Endangered?
Although the range estimates for this species meet the thresholds for Critically Endangered, it does not qualify for this status because it is known from more than one location and its habitat was not considered to be severely fragmented. Further detailed information on this species is requested in order to clarify its status. Continue reading