- Africa (83)
- Americas (177)
- Archive (179)
- Asia (160)
- Australia (14)
- Europe & Central Asia (28)
- Middle East (16)
- Pacific (51)
- Species Group (111)
- Taxonomy (1)
Five most recent topics
- Grey-tailed Tattler (Heteroscelus brevipes): uplist to Near Threatened?
- Rosy Bee-eater (Merops malimbicus): request for information
- Goldie’s Bird-of-paradise (Paradisea decora): uplist to Vulnerable?
- Wood Thrush (Hylocichla mustelina): uplist to Near Threatened?
- White-winged Flufftail (Sarothrura ayresi): uplist to Critically Endangered?
Tag Archives: Short-tailed Scimitar-babbler
Archived 2011-2012 topics: Short-tailed Scimitar-babbler (Jabouilleia danjoui): downlist to Least Concern?
Following the description of a taxon from northern Myanmar (Rappole et al. 2005) that BirdLife recognises as a subspecies (naungmungensis) of J. danjoui, the species is now considered to have larger range than previously thought and shows some tolerance of habitat modification as it is able to survive in secondary forest. It is suggested that this species be downlisted to Least Concern as it is unlikely to approach the thresholds for Vulnerable under any of the IUCN criteria. Further information on this species is requested, especially on the likely population size and rate of decline over a period of 17 years. Continue reading