- Africa (167)
- Americas (320)
- Archive (716)
- Asia (265)
- Australia (35)
- Europe & Central Asia (70)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (47)
- Pacific (103)
- Species Group (189)
- Taxonomy (158)
- Uncategorized (6)
Five most recent topics
- Review of illegal killing of birds in Europe, the Arabian Peninsula, Iraq and Iran
- Yellow-breasted Pipit (Hemimacronyx chloris): uplist from Vulnerable to Endangered?
- Okarito Brown Kiwi (Apteryx rowi): Downlist to Vulnerable?
- White-winged Cotinga (Xipholena atropurpurea): downlist from Endangered to Vulnerable?
- Atlantic Royal Flycatcher (Onychorhynchus swainsoni): downlist from Vulnerable to Near Threatened?
- 'Hope is the thing with feathers' January 16, 2017This article is the editorial for the January edition of the BirdLife Europe & Central Asia Newsletter. To view this issue, click here. “Hope” is the thing with feathers That perches in the soul, And sings the tune without the words, And never stops – at all,
- Birds of a Feather: Our partners’ highlights from 2016 January 16, 2017From the wild North Atlantic to the Caspian Sea; from the fjords of Breiðafjörður to the Iron Gates on the Danube, from the high Pyrenees to the Kazakh Steppe – how better to bask in the spectacular natural beauty of Europe & Central Asia than with a bird’s eye view? Here are just some of […]
- Climate Packages – just pretty wrapping? January 16, 2017True to the spirit of New Year, Sini Eräjää – Bioenergy Policy Officer at BirdLife Europe & Central Asia – looks back upon some of the climate and energy disappointments of 2016 and makes her wish for a Happy New (& Sustainable) Year for Nature in 2017.
- 'Hope is the thing with feathers' January 16, 2017
Tag Archives: Short-tailed Scimitar-babbler
Archived 2016 topics: Short-tailed Scimitar-babbler (Jabouilleia danjoui) is being moved to genus Rimator and split: list Rimator danjoui as Near Threatened and R. naungmungensis as Vulnerable or Endangered?
This is part of a consultation on the Red List implications of extensive changes to BirdLife’s taxonomy for passerines Lynx Edicions and BirdLife International will soon publish the second volume of the HBW-BirdLife Illustrated Checklist of the Birds of the … Continue reading
Archived 2011-2012 topics: Short-tailed Scimitar-babbler (Jabouilleia danjoui): downlist to Least Concern?
Following the description of a taxon from northern Myanmar (Rappole et al. 2005) that BirdLife recognises as a subspecies (naungmungensis) of J. danjoui, the species is now considered to have larger range than previously thought and shows some tolerance of habitat modification as it is able to survive in secondary forest. It is suggested that this species be downlisted to Least Concern as it is unlikely to approach the thresholds for Vulnerable under any of the IUCN criteria. Further information on this species is requested, especially on the likely population size and rate of decline over a period of 17 years. Continue reading