- Africa (167)
- Americas (320)
- Archive (716)
- Asia (265)
- Australia (35)
- Europe & Central Asia (70)
- Illegal killing of birds (1)
- Middle East (47)
- Pacific (103)
- Species Group (189)
- Taxonomy (158)
- Uncategorized (6)
Five most recent topics
- Yellow-breasted Pipit (Hemimacronyx chloris): uplist from Vulnerable to Endangered?
- Okarito Brown Kiwi (Apteryx rowi): Downlist to Vulnerable?
- White-winged Cotinga (Xipholena atropurpurea): downlist from Endangered to Vulnerable?
- Atlantic Royal Flycatcher (Onychorhynchus swainsoni): downlist from Vulnerable to Near Threatened?
- The taxonomic treatment of the Little Shearwater (Puffinus assimilis)/Audubon’s Shearwater (P. lherminieri) complex is being revised, and P. bryani is being recognised as a species: request for information
- The silencing of the songbirds December 8, 2016This article was first published in The Red List Issue of BirdLife The Magazine. Subscribe now to support our work and receive the latest conservation breakthroughs. The 2016 Red List reveals that Indonesia’s love of songbirds is a tainted love; unsustainable trapping is driving many endemic species towards extinction. Pramuka market assaults the senses. Crushed into […]
- Grey Parrot fading from Africa's rainforests December 8, 2016This article was first published in The Red List Issue of BirdLife The Magazine. Subscribe now to support our work and receive the latest conservation breakthroughs. When a team of researchers travelled around Ghana to conduct a Grey Parrot Psittacus erithacus census, they encountered a very pronounced generation gap. “The older people we surveyed remember the […]
- 2016 Red List: great news for island endemics, disaster for cagebirds December 8, 2016This article was first published in The Red List Issue of BirdLife The Magazine. Subscribe now to support our work and receive the latest conservation breakthroughs. This year’s IUCN Red List update delivers a chilling warning about the plight faced by some of the world’s most popular cagebirds, with many much-loved species now being trapped […]
- The silencing of the songbirds December 8, 2016
Tag Archives: Seychelles White-eye
Archived 2016 topics: Seychelles White-eye (Zosterops modestus): downlist from Endangered to Vulnerable?
BirdLife species factsheet for Seychelles White-eye: http://www.birdlife.org/datazone/species/factsheet/22714018 Previous forum discussion on Seychelles White-eye: http://www.birdlife.org/globally-threatened-bird-forums/2014/08/seychelles-white-eye-zosterops-modestus-downlist-to-vulnerable/ This species is found on Conception and Mahé Islands of the Seychelles, and translocations to North Island, Frégate and Cousine have occurred. It is currently listed … Continue reading
This discussion was first published as part of the 2013 Red List update, but remains open for comment to enable reassessment in 2015. BirdLife species factsheet for Seychelles White-eye Seychelles White-eye Zosterops modestus is endemic to the Seychelles. It is listed … Continue reading