- Africa (113)
- Americas (217)
- Archive (438)
- Asia (199)
- Australia (28)
- Europe & Central Asia (66)
- Illegal killing of birds (1)
- Middle East (41)
- Pacific (69)
- Species Group (163)
- Taxonomy (1)
- Uncategorized (3)
Five most recent topics
- Red Knot (Calidris canutus): request for information
- Curlew Sandpiper (Calidris ferruginea): request for information
- Bar-tailed Godwit (Limosa lapponica): uplist to Vulnerable?
- Great Knot (Calidris tenuirostris): uplist from Vulnerable to Endangered or Critically Endangered?
- Far Eastern Curlew (Numenius madagascariensis): uplist from Vulnerable to Endangered or Critically Endangered?
Tag Archives: Semipalmated Sandpiper
Semipalmated Sandpiper Calidris pusilla is listed as Least Concern on the basis that it does not approach the thresholds for Vulnerable under any of the IUCN criteria. Recent population trends appear to have been negative for this species in many areas. Up-to-date information is requested on this species, in particular the likely population trend and the severity of threats. Continue reading