- Africa (114)
- Americas (218)
- Archive (525)
- Asia (200)
- Australia (29)
- Europe & Central Asia (67)
- Illegal killing of birds (1)
- Middle East (42)
- Pacific (70)
- Species Group (164)
- Taxonomy (2)
- Uncategorized (3)
Five most recent topics
- Global IUCN Red List for birds – 2015 changes
- The taxonomic treatment of the Little Shearwater (Puffinus assimilis)/Audubon’s Shearwater (P. lherminieri) complex is being revised, and P. bryani is being recognised as a species: request for information
- Black-bellied Sandgrouse (Pterocles orientalis) – request for information from Central Asia
- Tessmann’s Flycatcher (Muscicapa tessmanni): List as Least Concern?
- Eared Quetzal (Euptilotis neoxenus): Downlist to Least Concern?
Tag Archives: Salvadori’s Pheasant
Archived 2014 discussion: Salvadori’s Pheasant (Lophura inornata) and Aceh Pheasant (L. hoogerwerfi) are being lumped as L. inornata: list as Near Threatened or Vulnerable?
Salvadori’s Pheasant Lophura inornata and Aceh Pheasant L. hoogerwerfi are being lumped as L. inornata, following the application of criteria set out by Tobias et al. (2010). Continue reading