- Africa (150)
- Americas (277)
- Archive (525)
- Asia (224)
- Australia (29)
- Europe & Central Asia (69)
- Illegal killing of birds (1)
- Middle East (46)
- Pacific (80)
- Species Group (183)
- Taxonomy (42)
- Uncategorized (6)
Five most recent topics
- Yellow-breasted Brush-finch (Atlapetes latinuchus) is being split: request for information on A. nigrifrons
- Chestnut-throated Apalis (Apalis porphyrolaema) is being split: request for information on A. kaboboensis
- Hooded Pitta (Pitta sordida) is being split: list P. rosenbergii as Vulnerable?
- Ivory-breasted Pitta (Pitta maxima) is being split: list Pitta morotaiensis as Near Threatened?
- Azores Bullfinch (Pyrrhula murina): downlist from Endangered to Vulnerable?
- Teaching resources aim to help European pupils to learn a better life through nature September 30, 2016Six European nature conservation organisations have come together with the University of Gdańsk to provide school teachers with the innovative teaching resources and training needed to develop young children’s environmental awareness. The Polish Society for the Protection of Birds, in partnership with five European environmental organisations and the University of Gdańsk, has launched a project, […]
- Sanctuary declared for elusive oriole once believed extinct September 29, 2016With its yellow and olive-green plumage perfectly camouflaging it against the tree canopies, the Isabela Oriole Oriolus isabellae, a lowland forest specialist endemic to the island of Luzon in the Philippines, doesn't intend for itself to be seen by humans. And unfortunately, for many decades it wasn't. Due to the rapid and widespread deforestation which has […]
- Ivory poachers driving rare bird to extinction September 28, 2016A sudden explosion of demand for the Helmeted Hornbill's casque as "ivory" is plunging the species to extinction at frightening speed. Yesterday the government of Indonesia once again explained the issue during the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species (CITES) - a gathering of 182 nations currently underway in Johannesburg, South Africa. Perhaps the […]
- Teaching resources aim to help European pupils to learn a better life through nature September 30, 2016
Tag Archives: Salvadori’s Fig-parrot
Archived 2012-2013 topics: Salvadori’s Fig-parrot (Psittaculirostris salvadorii): request for information.
BirdLife species factsheet for Salvadori’s Fig-parrot Salvadori’s Fig-parrot Psittaculirostris salvadorii is restricted to northern Papua (formerly Irian Jaya), Indonesia, where it occurs from the eastern shore of Geelvink Bay to the Cyclops Mountains (Beehler et al. 1985), including lowland forest up … Continue reading