- Africa (89)
- Americas (210)
- Archive (255)
- Asia (174)
- Australia (20)
- Europe & Central Asia (32)
- Middle East (21)
- Pacific (66)
- Species Group (136)
- Taxonomy (1)
- Uncategorized (3)
Five most recent topics
- Suggestions for new topics
- Black Parrot (Coracopsis nigra) is being split: request for information on C. sibilans, and list C. barklyi as Vulnerable?
- Additional changes to species listed as Extinct: six [edited from five] Extinct species are being re-categorised as Not Recognised and 12 taxa [edited from 11] are being newly recognised as Extinct species
- Tahiti Kingfisher (Todiramphus veneratus) is being split: list T. youngi as Near Threatened and T. veneratus as Least Concern?
- Crescent-chested Puffbird (Malacoptila striata) is being split: list M. minor as Critically Endangered and M. striata as Near Threatened?
Tag Archives: Rufous-vented Prinia
Archived 2011-2012 topics: Rufous-vented Prinia (Prinia burnesii) and Swamp Prinia (P. cinerascens): request for information
Rufous-vented Prinia Prinia burnesii has been split into P. burnesii and P. cinerascens. Prior to this taxonomic change, the lumped taxa were listed as Near Threatened on the basis that the population was suspected to be undergoing a continued decline of 1-19% over 10 years owing to habitat loss and degradation. This taxonomic change has prompted a review of these species’ threat status, and there is speculation that P. cinarescens could qualify as threatened. Information is requested on the population sizes and estimated rates of decline in both species in order to help in the assessment of their Red List status. Continue reading