- Africa (113)
- Americas (217)
- Archive (438)
- Asia (199)
- Australia (28)
- Europe & Central Asia (66)
- Illegal killing of birds (1)
- Middle East (41)
- Pacific (69)
- Species Group (163)
- Taxonomy (1)
- Uncategorized (3)
Five most recent topics
- Red Knot (Calidris canutus): request for information
- Curlew Sandpiper (Calidris ferruginea): request for information
- Bar-tailed Godwit (Limosa lapponica): uplist to Vulnerable?
- Great Knot (Calidris tenuirostris): uplist from Vulnerable to Endangered or Critically Endangered?
- Far Eastern Curlew (Numenius madagascariensis): uplist from Vulnerable to Endangered or Critically Endangered?
Tag Archives: Rueppell’s Vulture
Archived 2011-2012 topics: White-backed Vulture (Gyps africanus) and Rueppell’s Vulture (Gyps rueppelli): request for information
Assessing overall population trends in such widespread and mobile species is inherently problematic, and such species may also be prone to natural fluctuations in abundance. However, it remains necessary to evaluate whether the current listing of Near Threatened for G. africanus and G. rueppelli is likely to be correct. Continue reading