- Africa (83)
- Americas (177)
- Archive (179)
- Asia (160)
- Australia (14)
- Europe & Central Asia (28)
- Middle East (16)
- Pacific (51)
- Species Group (111)
- Taxonomy (1)
Five most recent topics
- Grey-tailed Tattler (Heteroscelus brevipes): uplist to Near Threatened?
- Rosy Bee-eater (Merops malimbicus): request for information
- Goldie’s Bird-of-paradise (Paradisea decora): uplist to Vulnerable?
- Wood Thrush (Hylocichla mustelina): uplist to Near Threatened?
- White-winged Flufftail (Sarothrura ayresi): uplist to Critically Endangered?
Tag Archives: Royal Penguin
It has been argued that there are in fact no credible threats to the largest colony on Macquarie Island (S. Garnett in litt. 2011). Casual observations suggest that the population is increasing. Based on the clarification of the species’s status, it is suggested that it could qualify for downlisting to Least Concern on the basis that it no longer meets or approaches the thresholds for Vulnerable under any of the IUCN criteria. Continue reading