- Africa (169)
- Americas (321)
- Archive (716)
- Asia (266)
- Australia (35)
- Europe & Central Asia (70)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (47)
- Pacific (103)
- Species Group (189)
- Taxonomy (158)
Five most recent topics
- Review of illegal killing of birds in Europe, the Arabian Peninsula, Iraq and Iran
- Shy Albatross (Thalassarche cauta): uplist from Near Threatened to Vulnerable?
- Amsterdam Albatross (Diomedea amsterdamensis): downlist from Critically Endangered to Endangered?
- Okarito Brown Kiwi (Apteryx rowi): Downlist to Vulnerable?
- Northern Brown Kiwi (Apteryx mantelli): downlist to Vulnerable?
- Monitoring biodiversity using drone technology May 26, 2017Two women, suddenly aware of a buzzing sound airborne, frantically look up to the sky. They jump from their seat, trying to dodge this invading gadget. The invader is a 'drone', currently being used for wetland monitoring and is harmless after all.
- The Bird Bulletin, Vol.9 May 26, 2017Welcome to the latest edition of ‘The Bird Bulletin’ – our weekly news brief. Every Friday morning, we bring you bite-sized updates from across Europe & Central Asia – kick start your weekend with “what a little bird told me!” OUT FOR THE COUNT – Volunteers from our partners ACBK (Kazakhstan) and RSPB (UK) […]
- Le vautour fauve M13 fait le buzz au Maroc: Etes-vous superstitieux? May 24, 2017Tout a commencé en début d’année 2017 lorsque les agents du Haut-Commissariat aux Eaux et Forêts et la lutte contre la Désertification découvrent cinq vautours fauves épuisés (2 adultes, 1 sub-adulte et 2 immatures) dans la Région de Jbel Moussa. Cette zone, au sud du détroit de Gibraltar est située sur le trajet des oiseaux […]
- Monitoring biodiversity using drone technology May 26, 2017
Tag Archives: Royal Penguin
It has been argued that there are in fact no credible threats to the largest colony on Macquarie Island (S. Garnett in litt. 2011). Casual observations suggest that the population is increasing. Based on the clarification of the species’s status, it is suggested that it could qualify for downlisting to Least Concern on the basis that it no longer meets or approaches the thresholds for Vulnerable under any of the IUCN criteria. Continue reading