- Africa (167)
- Americas (320)
- Archive (716)
- Asia (265)
- Australia (35)
- Europe & Central Asia (70)
- Illegal killing of birds (1)
- Middle East (47)
- Pacific (103)
- Species Group (189)
- Taxonomy (158)
- Uncategorized (6)
Five most recent topics
- Yellow-breasted Pipit (Hemimacronyx chloris): uplist from Vulnerable to Endangered?
- Okarito Brown Kiwi (Apteryx rowi): Downlist to Vulnerable?
- White-winged Cotinga (Xipholena atropurpurea): downlist from Endangered to Vulnerable?
- Atlantic Royal Flycatcher (Onychorhynchus swainsoni): downlist from Vulnerable to Near Threatened?
- The taxonomic treatment of the Little Shearwater (Puffinus assimilis)/Audubon’s Shearwater (P. lherminieri) complex is being revised, and P. bryani is being recognised as a species: request for information
- A dirty day for Europe’s clean dream December 6, 2016Last week, the European Commission unveiled its much-hyped Clean Energy package – the map charting Europe’s energy future from 2020 to 2030. Yet for all the pomp and fanfare, the package unequivocally failed to ‘come clean’ on the dark truth behind bioenergy – an alarming omission considering that bioenergy accounts for 65% of the EU’s […]
- Belarus to restore over 1000 hectares of peatland December 5, 2016A huge restoration project led by APB BirdLife Belarus (BirdLife Partner), the National Park authorities and the Frankfurt Zoological Society (FZS) is taking place in Białowieża Forest National Park, to recover invaluable habitat for raptors, owls and woodpeckers. Between the border of Poland and Belarus lies the impressive Białowieża Forest, one of Europe’s last primeval […]
- One to Watch - Spoon-billed Sandpiper December 2, 2016In our "One to Watch" series, we take a quick look at the status of some of the iconic species we're working on. Fondly known in birding circles as Spoonie, the charismatic Spoon-billed Sandpiper Calidris pygmaea occupies a limited breeding range in north-eastern Russia, from where it migrates down the western Pacific coast to its […]
- A dirty day for Europe’s clean dream December 6, 2016
Tag Archives: River Lapwing
Thewlis et al. (1998) proposed that V. duvaucelii be considered for uplisting to Near Threatened if the situation in Laos was representative of the majority of its range, as it had undergone recent declines there (Duckworth et al. 1998, Thewlis et al. 1998). Further information on the species is requested from all parts of its range, particularly on its population trends and the severity of threats. Continue reading