- Africa (89)
- Americas (210)
- Archive (439)
- Asia (175)
- Australia (20)
- Europe & Central Asia (32)
- Middle East (21)
- Pacific (66)
- Species Group (136)
- Taxonomy (1)
- Uncategorized (3)
Five most recent topics
- Cory’s Shearwater (Calonectris diomedea) is being split: request for information on C. diomedea and C. borealis
- The taxonomic treatment of the Little Shearwater (Puffinus assimilis)/Audubon’s Shearwater (P. lherminieri) complex is being revised, and P. bryani is being recognised as a species: request for information
- Aleutian Tern (Sterna aleutica): uplist to Vulnerable or Endangered?
- Ogea Monarch (Mayrornis versicolor): downlist to Near Threatened or Least Concern?
- West Indian Whistling-duck (Dendrocygna arborea): request for information
Tag Archives: Red-masked Parakeet
Red-masked Parakeet Aratinga erythrogenys is listed as Near Threatened under criteria C1; C2a(i) on the basis that its population is suspected to number c.10,000 mature individuals and, following reports of severe local declines (Ridgely 1981, Best et al. 1995), severe negative trends are suspected to be ongoing in some areas. Information recently relayed by J. Gilardi (in litt. 2010) suggests that the species’s status could have deteriorated in Ecuador and that trade in this species is still high in Ecuador and along the Ecuador-Peru border.