- Africa (114)
- Americas (218)
- Archive (525)
- Asia (200)
- Australia (29)
- Europe & Central Asia (67)
- Illegal killing of birds (1)
- Middle East (42)
- Pacific (70)
- Species Group (164)
- Taxonomy (2)
- Uncategorized (3)
Five most recent topics
- Global IUCN Red List for birds – 2015 changes
- The taxonomic treatment of the Little Shearwater (Puffinus assimilis)/Audubon’s Shearwater (P. lherminieri) complex is being revised, and P. bryani is being recognised as a species: request for information
- Black-bellied Sandgrouse (Pterocles orientalis) – request for information from Central Asia
- Tessmann’s Flycatcher (Muscicapa tessmanni): List as Least Concern?
- Eared Quetzal (Euptilotis neoxenus): Downlist to Least Concern?
Tag Archives: Red-masked Parakeet
Red-masked Parakeet Aratinga erythrogenys is listed as Near Threatened under criteria C1; C2a(i) on the basis that its population is suspected to number c.10,000 mature individuals and, following reports of severe local declines (Ridgely 1981, Best et al. 1995), severe negative trends are suspected to be ongoing in some areas. Information recently relayed by J. Gilardi (in litt. 2010) suggests that the species’s status could have deteriorated in Ecuador and that trade in this species is still high in Ecuador and along the Ecuador-Peru border.