- Africa (113)
- Americas (217)
- Archive (438)
- Asia (199)
- Australia (28)
- Europe & Central Asia (66)
- Illegal killing of birds (1)
- Middle East (41)
- Pacific (69)
- Species Group (163)
- Taxonomy (1)
- Uncategorized (3)
Five most recent topics
- Red Knot (Calidris canutus): request for information
- Curlew Sandpiper (Calidris ferruginea): request for information
- Bar-tailed Godwit (Limosa lapponica): uplist to Vulnerable?
- Great Knot (Calidris tenuirostris): uplist from Vulnerable to Endangered or Critically Endangered?
- Far Eastern Curlew (Numenius madagascariensis): uplist from Vulnerable to Endangered or Critically Endangered?
Tag Archives: Red-masked Parakeet
Red-masked Parakeet Aratinga erythrogenys is listed as Near Threatened under criteria C1; C2a(i) on the basis that its population is suspected to number c.10,000 mature individuals and, following reports of severe local declines (Ridgely 1981, Best et al. 1995), severe negative trends are suspected to be ongoing in some areas. Information recently relayed by J. Gilardi (in litt. 2010) suggests that the species’s status could have deteriorated in Ecuador and that trade in this species is still high in Ecuador and along the Ecuador-Peru border.