- Africa (89)
- Americas (210)
- Archive (255)
- Asia (174)
- Australia (20)
- Europe & Central Asia (32)
- Middle East (21)
- Pacific (66)
- Species Group (136)
- Taxonomy (1)
- Uncategorized (3)
Five most recent topics
- Suggestions for new topics
- Black Parrot (Coracopsis nigra) is being split: request for information on C. sibilans, and list C. barklyi as Vulnerable?
- Additional changes to species listed as Extinct: six [edited from five] Extinct species are being re-categorised as Not Recognised and 12 taxa [edited from 11] are being newly recognised as Extinct species
- Tahiti Kingfisher (Todiramphus veneratus) is being split: list T. youngi as Near Threatened and T. veneratus as Least Concern?
- Crescent-chested Puffbird (Malacoptila striata) is being split: list M. minor as Critically Endangered and M. striata as Near Threatened?
Tag Archives: Purple-naped Lory
Purple-naped Lory Lorius domicella is currently listed as Vulnerable because it is assumed to have a small population of fewer than 10,000 mature individuals that is declining.
On limited available evidence it seems plausible that the population has declined to fewer than 2,500 mature individuals and given the threats a continuing decline is likely. This would qualify the species as Endangered if all sub-populations support fewer than 250 mature individuals. Comments on the likely population size and structure, and its status on Ambon and elsewhere in South Maluku are invited to accurately assess this species’s status. Continue reading